Volunteers are the heart and soul of St. Louis BWorks. They've kept the program going strong, and have been instrumental in giving hundreds of kids a safe, supportive place to learn and practice the value of teamwork and responsibility.
We hold new Volunteer Orientation meetings the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m., at Bworks located at 2414 Menard in St. Louis. If you have any questions about volunteering, please send an email to email@example.com.
We're always looking for people to fill the following role. However, if you have other skills you'd like to share with St. Louis BWorks, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also work with high school and community service projects. Get in touch with us to learn more.
- Teachers: We always need teachers to lead our classes. Generally, no direct technical knowledge or experience is necessary — we'll teach you what you need to know.
- Mechanics: If you'd like to volunteer in:
- our bike shop, you'll have the chance to do everything including stripping bikes for parts to completing restorations. Even in this role, you'll be amazed what you can learn — and teach other shop volunteers;
- our computer shop, you will have a chance to work with other volunteers as they prepare computer systems which will be given to our Earn-A-Computer students, repair other donated computer items for sale and trouble shoot a wide variety of common computer issues.
- Schedulers/Organizers: If you want to help, but our hours don't overlap with your availability, we're looking for people who can help organize our volunteers and the class schedules. You'll maintain the database and make calls to parents and volunteers.