Would you enjoy teaching a St. Louis youth how to ride a bicycle?
St. Louis BWorks is currently accepting resumes to fill the role of Programs Lead, a teaching position that helps St. Louis BWorks, a 501(c)(3) organization, accomplish our mission.
The ideal candidate has a background in elementary education and experience working in the nonprofit sector. Applicants must be passionate, motivated, and flexible, as this role requires the ability to articulate program objectives to a wide array of individuals and operational needs may change quickly.
This position is based out of BWorks’ Soulard location but requires travel to partner organizations in the St. Louis Metro area.
All potential candidates must possess the following:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Enthusiastic passion to achieve BWorks’ mission
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team setting
● Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in a busy environment
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Education
● Prior experience working with children ages 8 17
● Prior administrative and/or teaching experience
● Experience working in the nonprofit sector
● Proficiency in a second language
This is a position to support the needs of the BWorks education programs. While BWorks has made an effort to provide a general description of the duties and tasks of this position, you must understand that this is not a fully comprehensive job description. Tasks and duties may be modified as needed.
Hours per week can vary depending on qualifications and the number of classes being taught. The number of classes being taught will depend upon the staff hired and availability. In general, this position will work 3-9 hrs a week in 3hr hour blocks of time.
The instruction portion of this role will enable BWorks to of er more learning programs on and of the BWorks premises.
Examples of tasks relating to instruction include, but are not limited to the following:
● Preparation for and facilitation of BWorks kids programs
● Maintenance of the prop and supplies used during classes
● Completion of inventory for program deliverable’s and needs
The administrative support portion of this role will minimize risk and maximize consistency related to BWorks programs.
Examples of administrative tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
● Assistance with paperwork relating to volunteer instructors
● Coordination of program paperwork (release forms, pre and post assessments, etc.)
● Establishment and maintenance of Program Partner relationships
● Coordination with Programs Administrator of classes and schedules at partner sites
Salary Range: $15 to $30/hr with the potential for modifications after one (1) year of employment.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and 3 5 references to BWorks’ Executive Director, Patrick Van Der Tuin at Resume@BWorks.org
Due to the volume of applicants, no phone calls, please. Only applicants considered for interviews will be called. This position will remain open to applicants until filled.
Send application to 2414 Menard St, St Louis, MO 63104-4330, United States