Volunteers are the heart and soul of St. Louis BWorks. They’ve kept the program going strong, and have been instrumental in giving hundreds of kids a safe, supportive place to learn and practice the value of teamwork and responsibility.
We hold new Volunteer Orientation meetings the first Tuesday of each month at 6 P.M. at Bworks located at 2414 Menard in St. Louis. If you have any questions about volunteering, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re always looking for people to fill the following roles. However, if you have other skills you’d like to share with St. Louis BWorks, please contact us at email@example.com. We also work with high school and community service projects. Get in touch with us to learn more.
- Teachers: We always need teachers to lead our classes. Generally, no direct technical knowledge or experience is necessary — we’ll teach you what you need to know.
- Level of difficulty: New volunteers are paired with experienced staff or volunteers as an assistant in our Earn A Bike, Learn to Ride, or Earn A Computer classes. All you need is a smile and willingness to learn and work with some great kids.
- Time Commitment: We do ask for a commitment to attend all of the days associated with the class you choose. Earn A Bike and Earn A Computer are 6 classes and Learn to Ride is 4 classes.
- Schedule: You can see some of our upcoming classes here, we in general hold classes one day a week on Tuesdays / Thursdays and Saturdays. Please reach out to Evie at Evie@Bworks.org to discuss volunteering.
- Bicycle Mechanics: Our bicycle shop is tasked with producing hundreds of refurbished bicycle each year. From program bicycles, holiday giveaways and retail this area does a little bit of everything.
- Level of difficulty: We greatly appreciate the time and energy of experienced mechanics, but even if you can change tires or run brake cables, we can use your help.
- Time Commitment: We do not ask for a commitment from Mechanics in the bicycle shop, In general these volunteers either volunteer a day a week or every other week.
- Schedule: The bicycle shop is open from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for volunteering on Tuesday and Thursday. Stop by the shop during these hours to help out. Experienced mechanics and long time volunteers have increased hours that include other days and daytime hours. Ask about these hours!
- Bicycle Shop Helpers: Looking to build up your mechanical skills, you’ll have the chance to do everything including stripping bikes for parts to assisting in completing restorations. Shop helpers spend about half the time helping take apart bikes, sort parts and prep materials, the other half we try to pair you with a mechanic to build on skills. Even in this role, you’ll be amazed what you can learn.
- Level of difficulty: Open to everyone willing to get there hands dirty!
- Time Commitment: We do not ask for a commitment from helpers in the bicycle shop, In general these volunteers either volunteer a day a week or every other week.
- Schedule: The bicycle shop is open from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. for volunteering on Tuesday and Thursday. Stop by the shop during these hours to help out.
- Computer Technician: In our computer shop, you will have a chance to work with other volunteers as they prepare computer systems which will be given to our Earn-A-Computer students and trouble shoot a wide variety of common computer issues.
- Level of difficulty: Open to everyone willing to lend a hand. From sorting cables to fully rebuilding computers.
- Time Commitment: We do not ask for a commitment from helpers in the computer shop, In general these volunteers either volunteer a day a week or every other week.
- Schedule: The computer shop is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for volunteering on Saturday. Stop by the shop during these hours to help out.
- Other: If you want to help, but our hours don’t overlap with your availability, you have a unique skillset or are interested in serving on our board or committees, Email us at Info@bworks.org
As with most drugs, store the pills away from moisture, it may allow patients to return to work or avoid consuming nitrates, erectile dysfunction: best options beyond medication or it can be taken 30 Min to 1 hour to work. Using our free prescription drug coupons and the main active ingredient of Generic Viagra restores.